PRELIMINARY STAGE REGULATIONS (2019)
- Each team must prepare at least two laptops, the first one is to access the website and complete the test while the second one is used for supervision by the committee. The second laptop used for supervision needs to be equipped with well-functioning web cam, connected to the internet, and have access to Google Hangouts.
- Each team will be given the password for the preliminary stage and permitted to do the test once the team’s Google Hangouts account has been confirmed to be connected to the committee’s account.
- During the test, participants are allowed to use all kinds of calculating tools such as software and/or scientific calculator.
- Quiz consists of 50 multiple choice questions, each of it consists of 25 type A questions, 15 type B questions and 10 type C questions.
- You will be given 60 minutes to finish all type of questions.
- For each question in type A, you will get 2 points for right answer, 0 point for not answering, and -1 point for wrong answer.
- For each question in type B, you will get 4 points for right answer, 0 point for not answering, and -2 points for wrong answer.
- For each question in type C, you will get 7 points for right answer, -2 points for not answering, and -4 points for wrong answer.
- Participants are not allowed to go back to the previous page after clicking the right arrow that directs team to the next page. Before going to the next page, make sure that all questions in the current page are answered with the team’s final choice.
- During the online test, participants are not allowed to discuss the questions with anyone other than their own teammates.
- Participants are not allowed to access any link, page, or sites other than the preliminary stage web page. If the user is accessing other link, page, or site, the web will automatically logout. User will then not be able to retake or continue the preliminary stage.
- Participants are not allowed to reload or refresh the page, either by right-clicking or using keyboard shortcuts.
- Please make sure you have stable internet connection and well-functioning computer. The committee will not tolerate any reason for disruption caused by unstable internet connection or broken computer in preliminary stage.